Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Willkommen in Deutschland

It's official - I'm finally in Germany! I arrived here yesterday morning and have had barely a few minutes to sit down since.  After a taking a 9 hour plane ride, 2 trains, and a bus, my group and I made it to our dorm -
HeidemannstraßeI am in a single apartment with a kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom.  Overall, the 
room is pretty nice, though the bathroom could be improved.  



After dropping off our stuff, the 4 other students who are at my dorm and I went to eat and explore Munich.  We found some good sandwiches and walked around a bit, then relaxed on a lawn until it was time to meet the rest of our group.  The lawn we found was surrounded by two museums and one impressive archway.



Finally, we arrived at the university and met everyone on the program.  There are about 20 people total.  We had dinner at a famous German restaurant, Hofbräuhaus, and enjoyed some German food, music, and dancing.  


Traditional German band playing music throughout dinner
One form of dancing/entertainment was this man snapping a whip back and forth across the floor.
The dinner was very good, and it was fun meeting everyone on the program.  After that, it was time for bed 
after a long day of traveling.

1 comment:

  1. HI, I am going to be staying in the same dorm this Winter!! Your blog came up while I was looking for pictures, so thanks for putting them up!! I assume you went to LMU? Can you say how long it took to commute to school and stuff?

    ReplyDelete